Attendees explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching—by becoming a SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE). During this three-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of an RTE in the SAFe enterprise.
Through experiential learning, attendees will examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. They will learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. They will also learn how to prepare, plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primarily enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
To perform the role of a SAFe Release Train Engineer, attendees should be able to:
– Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
– Assist with program and large solution execution
– Foster relentless improvement
– Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
– Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
– Exploring the RTE Role and Responsibilities
– Applying SAFe Principles
– Organizing the ART
– Planning a Program Increment
– Executing a Program Increment
– Fostering Relentless Improvement
– Serving the ART
– Continuing Your Learning Journey
What Attendees Get?
The class registration includes:
– Attendee workbook
– Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE) exam
– One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
– Course certificate of completion
– Breakfast and Lunch for both days
Attendees must attend all days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
– Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
– Renewal fee is $295
Renewal fee for the RTE certification is included in SPC renewal (if your SPC certification is up-to-date)
– Exam name: SAFe Release Train Engineer Exam
– Exam format: multiple choice
– Exam delivery: web-based (single-browser); closed book; no outside assistance; timed exam; delivered through the Community Platform
– Exam access: first attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
– Exam duration: once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
– Number of questions: 60
– Passing score: 40 out of 60 (67%)
– Exam cost: first attempt is free within 30 days from course completion
– Retake policy: second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10 day wait; fourth attempt requires a 30 day wait. Each retake attempt is $50. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
In order for us to provide the most experienced instructors and a superior classroom environment, we must ask you to adhere to our cancellation policy. If it is necessary to cancel or reschedule this registration, please notify us immediately. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
– 11 or more business days prior to class, 100% refund of tuition.
– 1-10 business days prior to class, no refund, but may reschedule another class within one year of date of cancelled class.
– First day of class, no refund of tuition, retake policy may apply.