SAFe® Release Train Engineer
A servant leader and coach within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) enterprise
with SAFe® 4 RTE Certification
Based on version 4.6 of SAFe
SAFe Release Train EngineerAttendees explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching—by becoming a SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE). During this three-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of an RTE in the SAFe enterprise.
Through experiential learning, attendees will examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. They will learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. They will also learn how to prepare, plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Scaled Agile’s SAFe RTE exam maintains rigorous quality standards ensuring that those who have earned the certification are well prepared to effectively fulfill their role in a SAFe enterprise. Make sure to read the certification information below.
- To perform the role of a SAFe Release Train Engineer, attendees should be able to:
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
- Exploring the RTE Role and Responsibilities
- Applying SAFe Principles
- Organizing the ART
- Planning a Program Increment
- Executing a Program Increment
- Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Serving the ART
- Continuing Your Learning Journey
What Attendees Get
- The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE) exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Attendees must attend all days of the course to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
Prerequisites: The following prerequisites are required for those who intend to take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam:
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
- Have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI
- SAFe 4 Release Train Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- SAFe Certified Release Train Engineer certificate (PDF)
- One-year membership to the Scaled Agile RTE Community of Practice
Annual Renewal: Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee: $295. The renewal fee for the RTE certification is included in SPC renewal (if current SPC).
- Exam name: SAFe Release Train Engineer Exam
- Exam format: multiple choice
- Exam delivery: web-based (single-browser); closed book; no outside assistance; timed exam; delivered through the Community Platform
- Exam access: first attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
- Exam duration: once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 60
- Passing score: 40 out of 60 (67%)
- Exam cost: the first attempt is free within 30 days of course completion
- Retake policy: the second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait; the fourth attempt requires a 30 day wait. Each retake attempt is $50. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
- Study guide: access available upon course completion; in the Learning Platform
- Practice test: available by year-end 2017 access available upon course completion; in the Learning Platform
- Sample test: download questions
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 20 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through
- Scrum Alliance.
Course Logistics: Workbooks and lunch will be provided each day, dress is business casual, and a pc is not needed. For more information, contact The i4 Group Consulting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any change may be assessed a $150 processing charge. Refunds will be issued for cancellations greater than 14 days from the start of the course. For cancellations between 8 and 14 days from the start of the course, registrants may change to another course of equal or lesser value. For cancellations 7 days or less from the start of the course, no changes allowed.
All classes are NOT guaranteed to make. Classes can be cancelled due to low enrollment or any unforeseen reason. The i4 group is not responsible for any kind of reimbursements due to cancelled classes. It is recommended that you contact us for course status before booking any travel accommodations. In the event a class is cancelled, all ticket holders are entitled to a full refund for their ticket purchase.